Right-click an entry in the Search Results list to display these menu options - the options available will change depending on your employee privileges and the type of document.
- Open - opens the item. This is the same as double-clicking the item.
- Open in Copy Mode - opens the record in the same instance of the application to allow adding information from one document to another.
- Profile - displays the details of the item - editing these details is only allowed where the user has sufficient privileges.
- New - opens the New Profile Wizard to enable adding a new document to the knowledge database.
- Duplicate - opens the Duplicate Record Profile dialog. Select this option to create an exact duplicate of a record except for the title. This is useful for creating a new record that is similar to an existing record. The newly created record’s file name is changed to be the same as the new title.
- Remove current status - takes the document back to a non-current status.
- Edit - allows you to edit the document - if the document has a current status a new edition will be created, if the document is not a current status you will be prompted to create a new edition.
- Revision note - this option opens the Revision Note Details to allow you to enter a note against the document.
- Print – Prints the document directly, without opening it.
Email As – Opens an email with the document or documents attached.
The options are:
- File attachment– separate files are attached to the email
- Zip file attachment – individual files stored in a single zip file
- PDF file attachment – individual files are created as PDF files and attached to the email
- HowNow Smart Link - for use within the office; email a link to the document or documents instead of the actual document.
Note: It is not good practice to email work documents to people within your office. Doing so creates duplicates of the documents, and these files are not stored centrally in your HowNow. This creates “version control” issues with the documents. Instead, use a HowNow Smart Link. Use the other Email functions to send documents to people (such as clients) who are outside of your office
Combined PDF file attachment - individual files stored in a single PDF file attachment
Copy to Clipboard - copies the selected document or documents to the Windows Clipboard.
The options are:
- File attachment – separate files are stored to the clipboard
- Zip file attachment – individual files stored in a single zip file to the clipboard
- PDF file attachment – individual files stored in a single PDFs are copied to the clipboard
- HowNow Smart Link - for use within the office; email a link to the document or documents instead of the actual document
Combined PDF file attachment - the selected files are stored in a single PDF file which is copied to the clipboard
- Paste (Ctrl+V) - allows you to paste a document to add to HowNow - this option will open up the new file wizard
- Export - exports one or more documents out of HowNow. See Export Documents.
- Select All - selects all the items in the results list. Equivalent to using Ctrl+A.
- Deselect All – de-selects all the selected items in the results list. Equivalent to using Ctrl+D, ESC or clicking the Clear button.
- Add to favourites – adds the document to your personal favourites list.
- Remove from favourites - removes the document from your personal favourites list.
- Add to News List – adds the document to the news list of the user(s) or team(s) you specify.
- Remove from News List – removes the document from the news list of your news list or everyone's news list
- Mark News as Read - when filtered on My News marks the document as having being read and gives you the option to remove from the News List or leave it on the News List
- Add to Review List - adds to the review list of the selected users (only users who are reviewers will be able to be selected)
- Remove from Review List - removes the document from the review list of your review list or everyone's review list
- Add to Position - allows you to add the document to a position in the organisation as a position description, primary or secondary position - you will also receive a message that the administrator will need to reattach documents to that position
- Remove from Position - removes the document from the selected position.
- Delete - moves the document to the recycle bin.