The Contacts Tab displays contact search results and allows contacts to be added, edited or deleted (where users have the rights to do so).
This filter allows Active, Inactive or All (both active and inactive) contacts to be selected. This filter uses the Active check box on the Contact Details screen.
This button displays the Filter Wizard dialog and allows filtering of any or all contact fields.
The Filter Wizard allows the list of contacts to be restricted by applying filters on one or more fields in the contact database. For example, the list can be filtered to show only those contacts that are Individuals.
To create a filter:
- Select the Apply Filter from the contacts ribbon.
- Choose a field name from the Filter Field Name drop-down list.
- Choose the appropriate comparison from the Comparison drop-down list.
- Enter a comparison value in the Value field.
Note: the ‘Is Like’ and ‘Is not Like’ comparisons use the % sign to indicate a wildcard.
- If more than one filter is to be applied, choose ‘And’ or ‘Or’ from the Connection drop-down list.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 above until all the required filters have been applied.
- Click the Apply button to apply the filters and return to the Contact Select dialog.
For example, to display a list of contacts whose names begins with ‘C’ and who are Individuals, select field Entity Name, comparison ‘Is Like’ and value ‘C%’. Then choose the connection ‘And’, the field name ‘IsIndividual’, the comparison‘Is Equal To’ and the value ‘Y’.
This icon enables you to create a report of the search results that are showing on the grid. The report can be printed to screen, to a printer or saved as an export file.
Export your search results to a CSV file with the use of the CSV Export button. Click the button, choose a folder to save the file into, then change the name of the document if desired - the name will default to today's date. If you intend to create more than one CSV in one day it's best to rename them each time.
Data Refresh button
Follow this link to the Data Refresh documentation - you will have access to this functionality if you have been assigned as a 'Contact Updater' in Privileges.
Follow this link to the Contact Repair documentation - you will have access to this functionality if you have 'Administrator' access.