Right-click on a document in the Search Results list in the Documents area of HowNow and then select Profile. The Edit Document Profile wizard appears.
Specifies the type of document. There are three options:
- Note - specifies a profile with no document. The description field describes the note's content. Can be changed to any other type.
- Document - specifies a profile that references a document in the Content folder. Cannot be changed.
File or Template Name - the name of the associated document file.
Destination Folder - cannot be changed.
- Web - specifies a profile that references a web site address. Can be changed to any other type.
Address - the web site address (URL)
- Title – the title of the document. A maximum of 80 characters is allowed.
- Description, Standard Keywords and Custom Keywords. These fields apply only to the edition of the document being edited. Custom keywords are not overwritten when a content update is received.
- Document Type - specify the document’s document type (some document types will require a Procedural Area to be assigned.
- Procedural Area - specify the document’s procedural area.
- In Use By - this field shows the initials of the person currently using a document. Clear Button - use this button to clear the In Use By field if the person using a document is no longer logged into HowNow.
- Checked Out - to Check Out a document the In Use By field must first be cleared. Checking Out a document stops the document from being edited. It is assumed the document is checked out for editing. Generally, this option is used when a document is being updated over an extended period or outside the HowNow system.
- Document has merge fields – check if this document is a document containing HowNow merge fields (such as a standard letter template).
- Open as editable document – check only if this document needs to be edited or added to by standard HowNow users (e.g. a log of some sort).
- Document is active – uncheck if this document is no longer used. Inactive documents are shown in the search results list with a line through the title (a strike through).
Note: if an inactive document is published, it will be set to inactive on the receiving system.
- Automatically File – select this checkbox if the Records module is installed and you want to automatically create a record whenever this document is opened. When this option is selected you can also select to clear the description and/or keywords.
- Document has been modified – this field is automatically checked if the document has been added, modified or duplicated. It is used to flag documents on the review list to indicate that they have been modified (the title is displayed in red) and that they should be reviewed carefully if they are the subject of a content update.
- Add to Favourites List and Add to Review List – check these boxes if you would like this document to be added to your personal Favourites List and/or Review List.
- Expiry date - set if the document is to expire at a specified time and choose an Action to be performed when the expiry date is reached.
The action options are:
Warning Message – any user opening the document is warned that the document has expired but is allowed to continue.
Set To Inactive – the document is set to inactive when the Administrator opens HowNow on the day the document is set to expire.
- Record is Versioned - select this checkbox to ensure a new version is created every time the resulting record is edited (only available if record versioning has been turned on in Options).
- Owner and Author – use to record the owner and author of this document if required.
- Approval Status – use to control the approval status of this document.
- Content Module – use to attach or detach content modules to or from this document.
- Style Template - use this field to attach or detach a style template to or from this document - only available when the document has merge fields.
- Default Record Title - the title entered here is used as the default title of the record that is created when this document is used as a merge document or set to automatically file.
Note: the title can have the record ID, contact field values or today's date automatically embedded by using [RECORDID], [CONTACTFIELDNAME] or [YYYYMMDD] in the title.
For example, to insert today's date in reverse order at the beginning of the title, followed by the entity name, use [YYYMMDD] [ENTITYNAME].
- Area and Default Record Location - these fields allow a default record location for this document to be entered. This is used whenever a record is created using this document.
- Lock Record Location in the Filing Wizard - checking this field forces the default record location to be used when a record is created using this document.
Revision Notes Tab
This tab displays the revision notes created for this profile. See Revision Notes for more detail.
Topics Tab (only appears if the Topics has been selected for use)
Displays all of the document topics available. The topics that this profile belongs to are indicated by a tick. Tick a topic to add this profile or uncheck a topic to remove this profile.
Visibility Tab (only appears if the team security has been selected for use)
Displays all the teams you belong to and indicates which ones the profile belongs to by a tick. Tick a team to add this profile or uncheck a team to remove this profile.
Audit Trail Tab
Displays all of the actions performed on this profile and its associated document. The Include Open History in Audit Trail checkbox hides or shows when the document has been opened (the default is not to show the audit trail for the open event).