This option is only available if you have the module HowNow Publisher which is required for publishing of your organisation’s own Content Updates.
This is appropriate for organisations that have multiple offices and are therefore running HowNow on multiple local area networks (LANs).
It is also appropriate for multi-office organisations that have teams in different locations who have different expertise. For example, a team in one city might be highly skilled in one particular topic, and therefore should write and maintain your organisation’s content within this topic. This team can then publish to your organisation’s other offices, Content Updates in this topic.
Note: For other users to receive your published content, they must have the same businessfitness.net web site user name and password settings as specified in your File > Options > Updates tab.
Note: Users who receive your published content cannot receive Business Fitness content products directly; this content must be re-published along with your organisation’s other content.
Note: Documents must be Current, Approved and set to Publishable before they can be published.
Content Update Publish Procedure
- Receive a content update from Business Fitness and perform the usual review process.
- Make the reviewed and accepted items current by selecting them, right-clicking and choosing Set Edition Status to Current.
Add the current reviewed items to the content module ‘Our Firm’s Content’ or the content module that is currently selected as your firm’s content module and make sure that the setting Always Publish Document is checked and that they are Approved.
3.1 Select the current reviewed items, right-click them and choose Profile Selected. The Edit Selected Item Profiles wizard dialog will appear. Click Next.
3.2 The Select Edit Fields page will appear. Check the Always Publish option, the Approval Status option and the Content Module option and click Next.
3.3 The Edit Fields page will appear. Check the Always Publish option, set the Approval Status to Approved (the default) and click Next.
3.4 The second Edit Fields page will appear. In the To Attach field in the Content Module section, choose your firm’s content module.
3.5 Set the required content number and click Next.
3.6 Click Finish to complete the process.
- At the search results screen, set the content module and number filter and note the number of documents selected. This is the number of documents that will be published.
- Select Publish from the Knowledge Ribbon. The Publisher dialog will appear.
- Choose your firm’s content module (Our Firm’s Content) from the Content Module drop-down.
- Enter the appropriate Update Number. This number is automatically incremented when the content is successfully published to the web.
Note: HowNow will display the number of documents it is about to publish. This should match the number of documents notes in step 4 above.
If it does not, check that you are publishing the right content module and number and that all documents to be published are current, Approved and set to Always Publish.
- Select the Upload to the Web checkbox if you wish to make the Content Update available for download. If you leave this checkbox unselected, you can create the files required for the Content Update, but run the Content Update locally on your own network, to test it and make sure it runs as expected before uploading the Content Update files to the web.
- Click Publish. The files will now be uploaded to a secure location on the businessfitness.net web site.
- Click Close when the upload is complete.
- If you experience any difficulties, contact the Business Fitness Support Team.