A Position in the organisation chart is a combination of two things: a Position Type and a Person. A person can have more than one Position in the organisation chart.
To display the Positions dialog select File > Administration > Organisation > Positions.
- To create a new position, on the same level as an existing position, select the existing position, click the Same Level radio button and click New. Then see Position Details below.
- To create a new position, on a lower level to an existing position, select the existing position, click the Sub-Level radio button and click New. Then see Position Details below.
- To edit an existing position, select the position and click Edit.
- To delete an existing position, select the position and click Delete.
- Positions can be dragged and dropped move them within the organisation chart. First select the appropriate radio button to specify whether you are moving the position to the Same Level or to a Sub-level compared to the position you will drag and drop the position onto. Then drag and drop the position.
- When a new position is created, the default position description and primary and secondary procedure documents attached to the position type are attached to the new position. These documents can be removed from or new ones attached to the position to tailor it according to specific requirements.
Note: The original position description document should not be edited or copied. Simply attach or remove procedures to create the specific position description.
- To re-attach the default position description and procedure documents to a position, select the position entry in the list and click the Re-attach button. This will replace any of the original default documents that were removed but it will not affect any new documents that have been attached to the position.