Dec 2018 - v1.0.579
- Improvements to search speed to resolve the timeout problems | HO-1124
- Fixed an issue where a document with the "Imported" status would result in no selected status in the Edit Document dialog | HO-1161
- Removed the final references to Pusher | HO-952
- Fixed an issue where the Find and Edit link can be used to circumvent the protection of final status documents from being edited. Using the Find and Edit link when the document is locked by another user now goes to preview instead of displaying an error message | HO-1173
- General code improvements | HO-1146
Oct 2018 - v1.0.572
- Fixed an issue where large templates would cause an error when merging to a document | HO-1080
Sep 2018 - v1.0.564
- Fixed an issue in templates when deleting a child filter | HO-1117
- Fixed the actions drop down to align the right of the grid so it doesn't show off-screen | HO-1101
- Clients Edit/Create/Delete buttons are now visible for all screen resolutions | HO-878
- Performance Enhancements | HO-1006, HO-1103
- Changed Multiple File Download Progress updates to use SignalR | HO-949
- Changed connections to use SignalR for sync progress updates | HO-950, HO-951
Aug 2018 - v1.0.552
- Fixed the label on the Template Information screen for the Find and Edit | HO-1094
- Fixed an issue in the Portal Connection screen when a firm has more than 20 users | HO-1088
- Performing a manual connection refresh now just defaults to taking the user to the live connection log | HO-1099
- IMPORTER SERVICE 1.0.92 Added the ability to force a full refresh as a workaround to the "Last Modified Date" restrictions with the WorkflowMax/XPM API | HO-1075
- More consistent styling for buttons on modal dialogs | HO-1073
Aug 2018 - v1.0.540
- When a contact has no name, the connection to portal now doesn't prefill with only a space character. Also improved the data validation on the connection to portal dialog | HO-1036
- Performance and Stability Improvements | HO-1035
- Fixed display issues with long file names in the template and documents profiling modals | HO-1003
- Fixed display issues with long file names in the dashboard | HO-1002
- Miscellaneous styling fixes | HO-1000
- Improved profiling consistency across the methods of uploading documents to HNO | HO-1038
- Changed the sorting of the filters to start with numeric filter names first (in descending order) and then the remaining Alpha-Numeric named filters in ascending order. This will make your "year" filters appear at the top and is in a more sensible order |HO-1026
- IMPORTER SERVICE 1.0.83
- Added "Find and Edit" smart link option | HO-1030
- Gives more information on why a client cannot be deleted | HO-938
- Dragging a document into templates as a user without rights to add templates now gives better feedback to the user | HO-931
Aug 2018 - v1.0.535 hotfix
- Fixed an issue preventing users from setting up new connections to portal | HO-1079
- FILE MANAGER 18.104.22.168 - Message handling maintenance | HO-1058
- IMPORTER SERVICE 1.0.81 - Fixed an issue in the importer relating to salutation removal | HO-1067
- IMPORTER SERVICE 1.0.76 - Importing from XPM now strips off known/common salutations from names prior to splitting the name to map it to the HowNow Online fields | HO-941
- Fixed styling of the client search | HO-1039
- Can now add documents to parent filters as per the web UI | HO-994 (requires version 22.214.171.124 of Email Manager - due for Release 16th July)
- IMPORTER SERVICE 1.0.76 - Implement Last Modified Date, XPM now only syncs contacts updated | HO-978, HO-1012
- Beta - Versions are now created when updating documents - this functionality is Beta stage only | HO-990
- General bug fixes | HO-1007
- Resolved error received when adding filters whilst uploading and creating documents from templates | HO-982
- Fixed the styling of the templates and documents grids so long file names don't break the grid | HO-902
- Non-admin users can now delete their own documents in case a mistake is made | HO-961
- Connections log now Refreshes on updates | HO-910
- Document Administrators can now change documents with Final status to Review or Approved | HO-944
- Emailing a document locked by the user is no longer available | HO-919
- IMPORTER SERVICE 1.0.55 - iFirm now bringing through updated data on initial connection | HO-924
- All statuses can now be Filtered in the advanced search Filters list | HO-956
- IMPORTER SERVICE - workaround created to overcome iFirm API issue | HO-965
- Filter Tree Control upgraded allowing for Parent Filters to be selected | HO-861
- Find and Find & Download functions now available for Business Fitness Templates | HO-880
- Formatting on Templates Duplicates function updated |HO-885
- Only Administrators are able to edit the status of an Exported document | HO-917
- All users can now see Settings if the document is locked | HO-928
- Imported documents require the status to be changed before Editing | HO-935
- Documents require Final status before being able to be Exported to the Portal | HO-934
- Major User Permission Updates - see User Permissions Quick Reference Guide | HO-899
- Changed the template lock status/action to make it more user friendly | HO-901 Locking and Unlocking Templates
- Business Fitness Templates search functionality improved | HO-882
- Client names in the document upload dialog now show the full name | HO-896
- Terms & Conditions Updated - see 6.6 Return of Data | HO-915
- Resolved issue generating metadata report for new firm Import | HO-930
- Resolved iFirm sync issues | HO-918
- Resolved iFirm and XPM syncing issues | HO-905
- Resolved issues with New Connections | HO-906
- Changed the document metadata modal default from the cursor to the client field | HO-838
- Improved styling for Connections tab | HO-884, HO-883
- Added a link to the HowNow Add-ins Download page to the activation email | HO-841
- Users can now delete clients | HO-839
- Changed the document lock status/action to make it more user friendly | HO-857
- Client Code is now displayed in the documents list | HO-846
- Added a link to the Add-in Downloads to the navigation menu | HO-844
- Added a reminder to the dashboard when the Edit App is not installed and quick easy links to find the download page | HO-854
- CCH IFirm connection instructions reformatted | HO-883
- Updates to the IFirm connection function| HO-868
22nd November 2017 - v1.0.436
- Administrators can now View, Add and remove Employees from Teams within the Teams set up area | HO-845, 850, 851
10th November 2017 - v1.0.434
Teams are no longer being removed from a document when saving changes in Settings | HO-792
Search functionality optimised to prevent timeouts | HO-853
10th October 2017 - v1.0.426
Smart Link now redirects to the linked document or template when Login is required
Renaming a document (and other updates to document Settings) no longer removes the filter settings
- Status can now be added via the new drop down when Profiling a new Document (requires Edit App v1.0.98)
- Smartlinks are now available when using Templates
9th September 2017 - v1.0.419
Smart Links now available to send document links to other HowNow Online Firm Employees
Issue with inconsistent results searching in Templates resolved
Errors and formatting issues when browsing using Internet Explorer resolved
- Users now able to preview .MSG files
Improved searching functionality reducing grey screens
Document Status changes now recorded in the document History
August 2017 - v1.0.406
- Added the ability to email a document from the documents grid (Requires Edit App V1.0.96)
- Fixed issue with the forgotten password link not working for a user that had been previously logged in
June 2017 - v1.0.399
- Changed the permission requirement for unlocking other users documents and templates to 'Firm Admin'
June 2017 - v1.0.394
- Added API endpoints needed to support changes in the Edit App around handling of an invalid lock state.
HowNow Online Email Manager - v126.96.36.199
- When saving emails to HowNow Online, Client, Team and Filter details will be cached for 6 hours to improve filing speed. Users can force a refresh of cached data.
- Client filtering drop down speed is improved due to only searching when required for saving emails to HowNow Online.
- HowNow Online login credentials will be checked after prompting the user at startup. If credentials are found to be incorrect it will prompt the user to try again.
- Emails without a subject will now be added with the title: NoSubject
- Resolved saving emails with special characters in the subject
May 2017 - v1.0.392
- Fixed issue preventing the changing of a documents name
- Changed the status assigned to documents exported to Portal to "Exported"
Changed the status assigned to documents imported from Portal after being signed from "Final" to "Imported"
May 2017 - v1.0.384
- Added the ability to assign and search on a status for documents. More details ->
- Improved handling of searching for clients throughout the system
- Changed the clients area to require a search to be performed, instead of loading a list of all clients when accessed
- General UI fixes
April 2017 - v1.0.363
- Made "Edit" action icon visible at all times on documents and templates grid and made it disabled and grey when the Edit app is not connected/installed.
- Fixed issue with being able to remove clients from the advanced client filter for documents when the name is very long.
April 2017 - v1.0.359
- Fixed issue that prevented users without either the "Document Admin" and/or the "Template Admin" permission from editing documents and/or templates via the Edit App.
March 2017 - v1.0.355
- When inviting a client to Portal via HNO, the initial screen shown in the pop up is "Create this client in Portal".
- The wording of the options on the client screen shown in the pop up when inviting to Portal have been changed to make the intent of the actions clearer.
- The wording of the options on teh accounts screen shown in the pop up when inviting to Portal has been changed to make the intent of the actions clearer.
- When hovering over the options on the clients or accounts screen shown in the pop up when inviting to Portal, a tooltip has been added to help express the intent of the option.
- New Portal client created via the invite feature in HNO no longer have the entity name and contact name reversed.
- New Portal accounts can now have a + sign in their email address when created via the invite feature in HNO.
March 2017 - v1.0.352
- User interface refresh/update.
- Added the ability to search for "Client Codes", to the document search.
- Added the ability to connect HowNow Online clients to existing or new HowNow Portal clients.
February 2017 - v1.0.346
- Added Support for automatic unlocking of documents/templates when the application used to edit them via the Edit App is closed.
- Fixed handling of files with %'s in their name. Now able to upload and edit files named as such.
HowNow Online Edit App - v1.0.67
- Added support for browsers. Can now be used in Chrome, Firefox, IE 11, Edge and even Opera.
- Automatic unlocking of documents/templates when the application used to edit them via the Edit App is closed.
January 2017 - v1.0.343
- Added warning when connecting Xero as a synchronisation source for client data if clients have already been added.
- If a document/template filter is selected at the time of upload it will be used as the default filter assigned to the files. This can be changed during the upload process.
- Added audit record to documents that are imported from HowNow Portal to show when this occurred.
- Added users invites when creating new user accounts. With the ability to see users that have accepted their invite and resent an invite for a urder if requried.
- Added the ability to upload single/multiple files to multiple clients at once.
- Added support for HowNow Online merge content
- Changed download progress bar to show in red if an error occurs
December 2016 - v1.0.330
- Added ability to filter documents by multiple clients.
- Added the ability to change a document or template file name after it has been uploaded into the system.
- Created date and time for documents is shown in the user's local time zone.
- Added support for previewing Business Fitness content templates.
- Extended the automatic timeout from 16 minutes to 4 hours.
- Fixed the way that the advanced search for documents works when using date ranges so that it works in relation to the user's local time zone.
October 2016 - v1.0.320
- Added ability to change a filter assigned to a template after it has been added to the system.
- Added preview support to Templates area.
- Fixed issue with login details not changing when users email address is changed.
- Reverted document grid default sorting back to newest first.
- When overwriting an existing template the upload progress does not show.
- Fixed issue with bookmarks in merge documents not being handled correctly.
- Fixed issue when merge bookmarks are used in alternate text for graphic elements.
- Fixed handling of templates marked as having merge fields when they don't.
- Fixed issue preventing preview action icon showing when listing a new document created from a template.
October 2016 - v1.0.314
- When overwriting an existing template the upload process does not show.
HowNow Online Email Manager - v188.8.131.52
- HowNow Online Email Manager no longer requires the Smartlink registry key when starting Outlook.
- Resolved issue saving multiple copies of the email to the temp location before filing to HowNow Online.
- Resolved the email missing from temp location when clicking the Add to HowNow button inside of an opened email window.
- Resolved saving emails with special characters in the subject to HowNow Online.
September 2016 - v1.0.306
- Added explicit setting of 'Client not required' for import files/folders.
- Added access to help pages to the login screen.
- Added client code to client search results throughout the system.
- Import service handles files with # in the file name.
- Fixed import process to allow flowing of client assignments to files and folders that have already had metadata assigned to them.
- Fixed issue which resulted in the selected filter not being applied when uploading multiple templates at once.
- Fixed issue resulting loading message not being removed when authenticaiting with HowNow Portal under some scenarios.
- Fixed issue preventing the same file being uploaded more than once unless navigating between screen is done in between uploads.
July 2016 - v1.0.301
- Added The hot fix addresses an issue with exporting files around 12mb or larger from HowNow Online to HowNow Portal where they would export but the file was unusable in HowNow Portal.
July 2016 - v1.0.301
- Added Invite to Portal enhancements. Users are now able to select from existing Portal accounts or supply details to create one when inviting clients to the Portal from HowNow Online.
- Dismissing a notification on the dashboard will now remove the notification instantly and not just when you logout and back in again.
HowNow Online Edit App - v1.0.52
- Added support for the document and template locking feature release in HowNow Online.
- New and improved installer which supports Windows 10 and also addresses an issue causing the installer to get stuck in a loop.
- Updated app icon to HowNow icon.
- Addressed issue causing the Edit App to crash when downloading and saving a file that the user has opened locally.
- Addressed issue causing copies made of edited file to not be deleted when there are more than 30 stored.
- A number of other minor bug fixes.
June 2016 - v1.0.292
- Added ability to preview documents of supported files types.
- Added ability to lock documents and template for editing.
- Added ability to access lock and export information for a document.
- Reduced the number of action icons displayed on the templates screen to allow quick access to most used.
- Removed time portion of created date from documents grid. Still available via a hover action on the created date value.
- Message informing users that their account is not connected to a HowNow Portal account and therefore they cannot invite a client, now shows.
- Filter still showing as having child filters after all child filters have been deleted.
May 2016 - v1.0.280
- Added scroll bar to client selection list.
- Replace "Scroll to Top" arrow and moved it to the right side of the screen.
- added ability to search for a client using multiple words. For example "een an Id" will return a client named "Green and Gold".
- Added scrolling to clients drop down list.
- Many minor bugs and stability improvements.
March 2016 - v1.0.251
- Addition of upload button on templates and document screen to enable selection of a file to upload from the users local storage.
March 2016 - v1.0.249
- Added the ability for all users to reset a forgotten password.
- Minimum password requirements enforced when resetting a user's password via the User Administration area.
- Fixed issue with navigating around the system while an upload is in progress.
- Incorrect document entries now removed should the create from template process fails.
- Fixed error when cancelling uploading of multiple documents after selecting a team.
- Fixed issue with uploading files that may have been downloaded from HowNow Portal or contain "+fid-XXX" at the end of their name.
- Help link pointing to incorrect link.
February 2016 - v1.0.228
- Removed case sensitivity when searching for a client to assign to a document being uploaded or created from a template.
January 2016 - v1.0.226
- Added "Searching" to the clients list.
- Added the ability to duplicate a template from the templates list.
- Enhanced mobile device experience.
- Made buttons on modal popups constant in colour and text.
- Re-Design of clients screen to make it easier to use.
- Added Client Code (if pulled from XPM) to client details on the clients screen.
- Disabled "esc" key from closing modal popups as it was creating issues with details not being saved.
- Prevent "User" profile menu from refreshing the screen when opened.
- Various small bug fixes.
December 2015 - v1.0.218
- Merge - Users can now create documents from templates that contain merge fields. Please refer to the "Creating a Merge Document" help article available on this website (Home > Templates > Creating a Merge Document).
- Various small bug fixes
HowNow Merge Documents
- Add bookmarks to a document to enable merging of data from the client and contact information
- Add bookmarks to add dates to a document
- Add bookmarks to add a subject or a sign-off to a document
Connection to HowNow Portal:
- HowNow Online users can be connected to a HowNow Portal employee
- HowNow Online clients can be invited to HowNow Portal via HowNow client screen
- Documents can be exported to HowNow Portal and will be assigned to the connected clients
- Documents uploaded to HowNow Portal by end users will be imported to the HowNow Online connected client (no support for automatically importing signed documents at this point)
- General improvements to stability and bug fixes
Advanced search capabilities including:
- Continue to refine search terms after executing a search - this allows you to drill down further use full words, or parts of words
- Perform a search combing filters and search terms
Documents:Created date has been added to the gridContinue to refine search terms after executing a search - this allows you to drill down further using full words or parts of words
Perform a search combining filters and search termsSearch based on a specific contact - this can also be used in conjunction with search terms and/or filtersSearch based on created date - by a date range e.g. today, last week, between selected dates - this can also be used in conjunction with search terms and/or filters