Email Manager - 18.104.22.168
- A small percentage of emails were not profiling into HowNow On-Premise after x days of use
- Emails without a subject will now be added with the title: NoSubject
- Resolved saving emails with special characters in the subject
- Removed HowNow Firebird check causing an error to appear on startup of Email Manager.
- Reintroduced automatic database recovery when network instability is encountered.
- Added shortcuts to Email As and Copy to Clipboard options for the Records Right Click menu.
- When uploading PDFs to the Portal for signing they will now go through a verification process to check versioning and meta data for the PDF.
- When incorrectly adding OneNote documents through profiling a *.one file, HowNow will now look for the correct *.onetoc2 file and give the user an option to import the full OneNote notebook.
- Fixed issue preventing some OneNote notebooks from being imported.
- Fixed error calculating the count of search results.
- Reintroduced automatic database recovery when network instability is encountered for the Webserver Service.
- Fixed errors preventing the Home Tab from loading.
- RSS feeds now loads consistently in the Home Tab.
- HowNow is now compatible with Microsoft OneNote files following an upgrade to the database.
- Improved file previewing whilst adding documents via the profiling wizard.
- Added the ability for Business Fitness to add standard applications to HowNow Toolbar Applications.
- Improved handling of Logos and Images.
- Records opened from Smartlinks will no longer open in read only when not using the records tab of HowNow.
- Users will no longer receive errors when opening files from a Smartlink whilst not on the records tab.
- Resolved database growth issues when large concurrent loads are experienced.
- Resolved issue adding Member Applications.
Email Manager - 22.214.171.124
HowNow Online Email Manager no longer requires the Smartlink registry key when starting Outlook.
- Resolved issue saving multiple copies of the email to the temp location before filing to HowNow Online.
- Resolved the email missing from temp location when clicking the Add to HowNow button inside of an opened email window.
- Resolved saving emails with special characters in the subject to HowNow Online.
- Improved handling of opening multiple Word documents.
- Applied fix for inconsistent crashing of HowNow when interacting with Microsoft Word.
- Corrected handling of Outlook 2016 when launching a new email from HowNow. (Requires latest HowNow Add-in Manager)
- In certain circumstances when searching for contacts and multiple contacts are already selected, your selected contacts would be cleared, this has now been resolved.
Email Manager - 126.96.36.199
- The Email Manager can now uninstall in a terminal server environment without other users of the terminal server closing Outlook (requires latest HowNow Addin Manager).
- A 'TempInstallPath' setting can be added into the HowNow.ini file to specify an update location for Email Manager and Office Add-ins, rather than Windows temp. The path needs to have modify rights added for domain users.
- Fixed issue with email uploads to HowNow Online.
- Reduced false positive logging of errors.
- Added a selected count to the Contact and Job selection form for users to easily identify how many contacts or jobs have been selected.
- Removed the confirmation box when uploading records to the Portal.
- During the upload of Records to the Portal, Word documents (*.docx) will be converted to PDF automatically when marked for signing.
- Added a better error handling framework for Office controls.
- All search queries now are being executed through a read only transaction.
- Added a HowNow Portal System Option to include the record ID in the filename of the uploaded record, by default it will not append the record ID.
- Stop keeping the options table open when not needed.
- After filtering on multiple jobs, searching on further jobs was not clearing the search criteria.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing users from saving a document after it was opened by a second user.
- Selecting multiple Contacts and Jobs was not functioning correctly.
- Fixed an issue when setting read only on a record that is accessed by multiple users.
- Documents will open correctly after merging when the "Edit" action is selected.
- Resolved database growth issues.
- Improved the error handling of the HowNow Webserver when downloading files from the HowNow Portal.
- The Check Client Portal button will only be enabled if the user has successfully logged into the Client Portal through System Options.
- The Added protection around mouse movement on the grid, when to display hints and record notes to the user.
- Fixed an issue on startup of HowNow where the Home Page was causing HowNow to pause.
- HowNow Webserver can now reconnect to the HowNow database when network instability is encountered.
- Improvements added to the HowNow Webserver to better handle downloading large files from the HowNow Portal.
- The Resolved issues when downloading files from the Client Portal that have been created on Macs or Linux client machines with invalid Windows characters.
- Resolved Portal upload error for large files.
- Resolved Portal upload selection list error.
- Resolved Portal upload 500 error.
- Users can force the download of new Portal files through a Check Client Portal button (File > System Tools > Check Client Portal)
- HowNow will try to reconnect if it loses connection to the database. After 3 failed attempts the user is presented with options to "Restart" or "Close" HowNow.
- Added further validation around selecting signatories. Also improved the speed of retrieving signatories and user notification.
- There is now a system option to control the prefix for a SmartLink. Options are: None, Entity Name or Client ID.
- Fixed Signatory Form error when no accounts found for a Contact on the Portal.
- We have bolstered up checking around refreshing the main Grid to try to avoid Controls Disabled error.
- HowNow correctly handles Record versions above 10 previous versions, removing the oldest first and displaying versions in order.
- Correct the alignment issues on the Software Update form.
- Resolved error on multi-role select, when changing between Preparer and Manager.
- Forcing Records in the Final status, to be in read-only mode if not previously set.
- The "Home" tab of HowNow will now correctly display the Home page once the HowNow Web Server is running after being stopped.
- The webserver will not check for updates to download from the Portal every 5 minutes
- We have enhanced the logger of the webserver making it easier for Support to identify potential issues.
- An external call to the webserver can now force it to check for updates to download from the Portal.
- The Portal account used to download files from the Portal will be emailed when a file fails to download from the Portal following updates to the HowNow configuration file with this update.
Software Updater 1.7.2
- The software updater can now perform configuration changes during an update. For example, removing or adding to the HowNow.ini configuration file.
- Te correct 1300 support number will display when an error occurs.
- The software updater will not update HowNow files maintaining the correct file permissions.
- HowNow correctly handles launching applications from Program Files on 64 bit Windows. Such as opening video files in Media player on Windows 8 (64bit).
- Fixed right-click Print which was not working for email/msg files.
Add-in Manager 188.8.131.52
- HowNow Add-in Manager will download updates for Email and Office Add-ins automatically on launch and will let the user know an update is available.
HowNow Webserver 184.108.40.206
- Now when downloading a file fails via HowNow webserver, an email is sent to the client (the account setup for the webserver).
- HowNow correctly handles launching applications from Program Files on 64 bit Windows.
- Search on records tab has been improved so that running a large search does not freeze HowNow.
- Added support to read emails correctly into HowNow from Exchange Online.
- Portal Upload - Added further validation around selecting signatories. Also improved the speed of retrieving filters, signatories and user notification.
- Portal Upload - Export wizard does not make HowNow show not-responding - a spinning indicator has been added to show the progress.
- Portal Logon - Now this does not freeze HowNow and a spinning indicator has been added to display the progress.
- Typing in search textbox and hitting the enter button immediately after that does not open any document.
- HowNow can log diagnostic information to a BusinessFitness online log system for better troubleshooting - this logging is turned on as needed and with consultation with the Firm.
- Improved Merging of Word documents when working with Office 2016.
- Improved accessing Word and Excel from HowNow.
- Error FieldByName (Item Type) not found error has been resolved.
- Controls were not disabled first error has been resolved.
- Resource Unavailable Error on Home Screen resolved.
- When selecting multiple items to save as SmartLink email is fixed now.
- "Addressee Not Found" error when generating SmartLink email is fixed now.
- During profiling, Partner, Manager, Reviewer user selections are not longer being overwritten by the Contact's saved Partner, Manager and Reviewer.
- When selecting multiple items to save as SmartLink email, the correct contact name is added to the beginning of each link.
- "Addressee Not Found" error when generating SmartLink email is now fixed.
- HowNow has improved error capturing and logging when errors or crashes occur.
- HowNow will now show any details of an application crash to the user if the user's network is down and the error cannot be logged to our HowNow servers.
- The Windows system path is now correctly retrieved when running in a terminal server environment. Txt files and File Notes will correctly open from HowNow is they were not previously.
- When moving jobs from a complete state to another completed state, the job's complete date will not be updated unless forced by the user.
- Better error handling in the Portal Export wizard when dealing with Contacts who are not connected to the Portal.
- Better error handling when decryption goes wrong.
- Better error handling of SmartLink email generation when any Outlook window is on the screen.
- Now only one progress-bar is displayed when only one file is being uploaded via Portal Export wizard.
- Memory use of HowNow desktop reduced.
- Creating HowNow Merge documents no longer affects open Microsoft Word documents and will not open Word when batch mode is selected.
- Occasional "SQL error" displayed when generating SmartLink is fixed now.
Email Manager 220.127.116.11
- Added full support for Microsoft Office 2016
Office Add-In 18.104.22.168
- Added full support for Microsoft Office 2016
- Showing the version number on the bottom right of the main page (near the Trademark).
- When looking at the HowNow Portal Accounts, an inactive account will have the words "Inactive" listed against the email address.
- When moving jobs from a complete status to another completed status, the job's completed date will not be updated unless forced by the user.
- Previously when uploading files to the HowNow Portal, the upload wizard could become unresponsive. This has now be fixed and two progress bars have been added to the screen to display how the upload process is going.
- Right clicking a record and selecting "Copy to the Clipboard as PDF" will not affect any open Word documents.
- Fixed a Portal upload issue where clients migrated from the previous Portal to the new HowNow Portal were experiencing an error when selecting filters.
- Fixed an error in Mailscan client field comparison.
- Smartlinks are functioning correctly using the client Entry Name as the prefix for Email and Clipboard Smartlinks.
- File upload authentication between HowNow and the HowNow Portal will now last for 10 hours instead of requesting authentication for every export to the Portal. After 10+ hours of running HowNow, the user will be prompted for their Portal username and password again as per normal.
- Added support for Office 2016 PDF options.
- Client name is now prefixed to both SmartLink and its email subject.
- The "Add Account" screen will be pre-populated with available contact details.
- Previously uploading a blank file to the Portal was returning a server error. This has now been replaced with a user friendly message indicating the file is blank.
- Added the ability for an employee of the Firm to sign PDF documents uploaded to the Portal (after the client has signed).
- The email address used for new Portal Accounts is now checked to ensure it is a valid email address.
- For Portal connected "Contacts", the right click menu has been adjusted to only show the menu option "Disconnect from the Portal" when a single contact is selected.
Email Manager 22.214.171.124
Restarting Outlook will silently install this new version.
- A mobile number is no longer required to be added when creating a new account.
- When uploading multiple documents to the Portal, the uploads are processed in "Contact" order. "Contacts" not setup for the Portal are skipped.
- Multiple contacts can be invited to the Portal without any concatenation of the contact's first and last names.
- HowNow Software Updater is now configured to access more update options from the Business Fitness Update Servers.
- Proxy settings can be disabled when needed through a configuration setting.
Software Updater 1.7.7
- Proxy settings can be disabled when needed through a configuration setting.
- Portal upload wizard for PDFs now uses "Click to Sign" workflow which requires Signatories to be selected for signed uploads.
- When running updates, the Software Updater will always be updated first, provided it is present in the selected update download.
- When clicking for updates, HowNow will now correctly identify build version updates.
Software Updater 1.7.1
- Updater will now successfully stop and start the Webserver for Webserver updates
- The Mailscan template page now displays Mailscan template visibility to better identify which templates belong to which teams
- HowNow will correctly identify when a portal login has expired and will ask the user for a new login
HowNow Web Server 1.7.6
- The web server is now including client and date information when contacting the portal for updates which significantly reduces the load on the web server
- Portal connected contacts can be disconnected from the portal, providing the connected portal client has been deleted already from the portal website
- The right-click menu for contacts now checks that the contact is connected to the portal and will only show appropriate menu items
- The portal export wizard will now warn the user if the contact is not connected to the portal
HowNow Web Server 1.7.5
- Added further checks around downloading documents from the portal to ensure they are from the end user
- Memory usage spikes have been reduced
- When viewing portal details of a contact or inviting a contact to the portal the user was asked to login to the portal - when selecting cancel an error occurred - HowNow will handle this error correctly and will not display anthing to the user
- Portal token expiry - HowNow will now ask the user to re-login to the portal if they have been running HowNow for more than 10 hours and their portal token has expired
- Records right-click option - Convert to PDF was not properly checking for 64bit Office and was defaulting to the BlackIce PDF converter.
- HowNow will created needed database tables if they are missing
- Read only file options will log locally when logging is enabled
Email Manager 126.96.36.199
- Pressing the Add to HowNow button within an email window will no longer profile the email twice
- Person multi-select will now auto close after a selection is made
- Resolved page changing error
- Documents sent to the document converter for profiling will no longer open a second copy
- Portal upload wizard will now continue to process the remaining files for upload if a bad file/contact/network is encountered - messages reported to the user have been improved.
Data Sync 1.2.6
- Users can now save and load their field mappings to disk
- The data sync can not retrieve boolean fields from the API
- Added a prompt to inform users to restart the webserver after changing portal login details in system options
- Profiling emails sent to multiple recipients will now keep the first person for the title and put all recipient addresses into the details section
- When downloading documents from the portal the webserver will try to match Partner Name, Manager Name and Reviewer Name if they exist in the database.
- HowNow users can now invite contacts to the portal even if the contact does not have a First and Last Name entered
- Workflow - when you create a job with a start date in the future, the job will automatically set its status to started on that date.
- Added the full name for Partners and Managers to the jobs grid
- A lodgement date can now be saved to a job and you can filter jobs based on the lodgement date
- Added the ability to filter on multiple people for records, jobs and tasks
Integrates with the new HowNow Portal
- Upload and download documents to and from the HowNow Portal directly through HowNow Records.
Email fast filing
- When filing an email you can click the finish button from the first screen to skip all of the next screens and file the email very quickly.
Office and outlook addins
- Allows the ability to assign to visibility to MailScan templates so that when a user imports files using MailScan only the applicable templates are visible.
- Addin Manager freezes when you try to Remove or Install Email Manager Addin if Outlook is open
- Right click on selected docs and print does not print to new options selected in printer dialog
- Minimising Main Ribbon causing error
- Convert PDF to TIF file not working
- Guest User Disabled is missing the Disabled word from the label
- When Versioning is enabled, No Versions is allowing multiple versions
- Email Manager - After canceling adding an email to HN, the Move to Inbox prompt is not showing up in Outlook until the next email is filled to HN
- Email Manager - When filing multiple emails, HN will ask you to file 1 email in the bunch twice
- Watch Folder does not pick up GIF files even if the XML has gif loaded
- Right-click “C” is not working as expected
- Contacts - not showing until you press Enter
- Home – New HowNow Documents – is showing Format %s and no logo
- Office Addin - Add To HN not working for a Knowledge base Excel opened from HN
- Job Grid Sorting - getting an ISC Error when sorting by Assigned To